I received my Bachelor’s degree from the University of Utah with a major in Psychology. At the time I was involved in multiple labs assessing cognitive functioning and its relation to emotional and attention difficulties. Upon graduating I became a wilderness therapy guide and saw the unique impact that intensive experiences can have on mental health. I became part of multiple research teams assessing treatment outcomes and simultaneously earned two Master’s degrees and a Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from Brigham Young University.
I have studied and practiced in a variety of settings, including medical, forensic, intensive outpatient, university and outpatient. My experience as both a clinical psychologist and social worker has allowed me an interdisciplinary lens in understanding clients and working from multiple perspectives. In particular, my experience has centered on understanding and assessing not only the individual, but the system in which they reside.
Over the years, I have conducted clinical therapy from strength-based and CBT related therapies with intensive training and experience utilizing multicultural and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). I focus on balancing a nuanced understanding and respect for the unique strengths that individuals embody and the risks that they face. Over the last few years, I have conducted assessments primarily with adolescents and young adults with a variety of presenting concerns and enjoy navigating diagnostically complex presentations.
Integral to my role as a member of the ClearView team, I highly value my affiliation with local and national organizations where I can regularly consult and stay engaged with the mental health and in particular the LGBTQ+ community. From the beginning, I have been drawn to working with those who identify as LGBTQ+.
I am known by my friends and family as having “scattered passions.” I stay emotionally hydrated by enjoying everything from my clinical work to backpacking, rock climbing, painting, cooking and playing the guitar. As a Utah native, I have great admiration for the wilderness and plan to explore it endlessly. I reside in downtown Salt Lake City with my partner and our two four-legged children and enjoy spending quality time with loved ones.
- Independent Consultant, LGBTQ+ Competency Consulting, Salt Lake City, UT
- Primary Therapist, Second Nature Wilderness Program, Duchesne, UT
- Pre-Doctoral Psychology Intern, University of North Carolina Counseling Center, Charlotte, NC
- Therapist, Utah Center for Evidence-Based Treatment, Salt Lake City, UT
- Therapist, Utah Psychological Services, Orem, UT
- Therapist, Child and Adolescent Treatment Specialists, American Fork, UT
- Therapist, Encircle LGBTQ Family and Youth Resource Center, Provo UT
- Therapist, Brigham Young University Comprehensive Clinic and Student Counseling Center, Provo UT
- Clinical Social Worker, Primary Children’s Hospital Intensive & Emergency Units, Salt Lake City, UT
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Brigham Young University
- MS, Clinical Psychology, Brigham Young University
- MSW, Master of Social Work, Brigham Young University
- BS, Psychology, University of Utah