- Licensed Clinical Psychologist UT 10979353-2501
I always knew I wanted to be a clinical psychologist helping people ‘figure themselves out.’ I attended the University of Minnesota, Morris where I earned my Bachelors degree in Psychology. After graduation, I worked with adolescent females and adult males in residential facilities; supporting them in their mental health recovery and goals of living as independently as possible. After living, working, and earning my education in rural small towns, I decided to expand my horizons and look to much larger metropolitan cities to obtain my doctorate degree. I moved to Chicago, Illinois, where I obtained my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Adler University.
Chicago’s iron jungle not only stole my heart, but confirmed my love for adventure and new experiences. It also made new room for my next passion: psychological assessment. Although, many of my training sites focused on providing therapeutic services, I held on tight to the joy and excitement of psychological assessment by teaching first year graduate students.
During the last year of my doctorate training, I moved to Utah to complete my pre-doctoral internship at Wasatch Behavioral Health (previously Wasatch Mental Health) in Provo, where I more and more, focused on psychological assessment. My testing experiences revolves heavily on Autism evaluations, but also includes a wide range of testing services from ADHD and anxiety, to personality disorders and psychosis. The power psychological assessment has to provide people with direction when they were previously lost is beyond moving. I continue to find it the most gratifying when I can help people understand themselves better, and improve their quality of life, by providing them with fresh ideas that are specifically tailored to their values.
To keep myself feeling my best, and to provide my client with the best service, I prioritize moving my body and seeing what I am capable of in a CrossFit gym. I find no better way to finish out my day than to push myself amongst my fitness peers. I thoroughly enjoy hiking and camping and sharing the views with my nieces (who live in Minnesota) over FaceTime. I love cooking and trying new recipes, laying in the sun, and making DIY projects with essential oils. I also find peace and enjoyment in painting, crafting, and adding more plants into my home decor.
- Clinical Psychologist, Wasatch Behavioral Health, Provo, Utah
- Post-Doctoral Psychology Resident, Wasatch Mental Health, Provo, Utah
- Adjunct Professor, Salt Lake Community College, West Jordan, Utah
- Pre-Doctoral Psychology Intern, Wasatch Mental Health, Provo, Utah
- Practicum Student, Interaction Dynamics, Chicago, Illinois
- Practicum Student, Genesis Therapy Center, Oak Lawn, Illinois
- Practicum Student, Riveredge Hospital, Forest Park, Illinois
- Primary Counselor, Heartland Girls Ranch, Benson, Minnesota
- Consumer Counselor & Mental Health Recovery Specialist, Prairie Community Services, Morris, Minnesota
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, Adler University
- M.A., Clinical Counseling, Adler School of Professional Psychology
- B.A., Psychology, University of Minnesota, Morris