- Licensed Clinical Psychologist UT 6962799-2501
I received my Bachelors degree from The Evergreen State College with an emphasis on Trauma Studies and Multicultural Counseling. I subsequently obtained my Master’s and Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from John F. Kennedy University. I have worked with a wide range of populations, including adolescent victims of sexual/emotional abuse, elementary-aged inner-city youth, at-risk adolescents and their families, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered youth and adults, adult perpetrators with developmental disorders, adults in a community mental health setting, and university-aged students, faculty, and their families.
Passionate about crisis intervention I worked for nineteen months as both a phone-based crisis counselor and a clinical member of the Berkeley Mobile-Crisis Team, providing field-based and on-site crisis intervention, response, assessment, de-escalation and mediation for the city of Berkeley, California. I then completed a pre-doctoral internship with the American Psychological Association accredited Counseling and Psychological Services at Oregon State University, providing psychotherapeutic and outreach services to students, faculty, and their dependents. I also worked in a private community counseling center working with adults, adolescents, and families.
I returned to wilderness therapy in 2007, working with adolescent and young adult clients before committing to a full-time assessment practice, providing psychological evaluation and consultation for clients in both wilderness and residential programs. While continuing my assessment practice, I served as the clinical director of a therapeutic boarding school treating adolescent boys with Asperger Syndrome, Non-Verbal Learning Disorder, and other neurological impairments impacting executive functioning, emotional regulation, and social/interpersonal functioning.
Throughout my clinical career, I have had the opportunity to design and lead parenting seminars, couples intensives, and workshops supporting adolescents and young adults struggling with life transitions. I also conduct comprehensive psychological assessments locally and nationally.
To my work as a psychologist, I bring a wide variety of unique life experiences and consider myself a partner to my clients seeking to navigate and find balance and peace in life’s journey.
- Clinical Director, Daniels Academy, Daniels, UT
- Clinical Psychologist providing psychological assessment and consultation, Psychological Solutions, Salt Lake City, UT
- Clinical Psychologist, Outback Therapeutic Expeditions, Lehi, UT
- Clinical Psychologist, Open Sky Wilderness Therapy, Durango, CO
- Resident Psychologist, Oregon State University Counseling and Psychological Services, Corvallis, OR
- Therapist, Discovery Counseling Center of the San Ramon Valley, Danville, CA
- Therapist, Berkeley Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team, Berkeley, CA
- Senior Field Instructor, Aspen Achievement Academy, Loa, UT
- PsyD, Clinical Psychology, John F. Kennedy University
- MA, Clinical Psychology, John F. Kennedy University
- BA, Trauma Studies and Multicultural Counseling, The Evergreen State College